Part-time positions may be filled from applications already on file. You are welcome to submit an application at any time. Download an employment application (pdf) or ask for one at the main desk.
Part-time position available: Library Associate
- Assisting library users in person and by phone
- Checking in/out, issuing cards, and other duties using the computer-based circulation system
- Shelving materials
- Assisting patrons who are using public computers or their own devices
- Assisting readers with book selection using the SHARE catalog and other resources
- Helping with special events or other projects as assigned
- Excellent interpersonal communication and customer service skills
- Strong computer skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds, as well as the ability to sit, stand, reach, crouch, and perform repetitive tasks
- High school diploma or equivalent and six months customer service work experience.
DESIRABLE, BUT NOT REQUIRED
- Interest in working with children in library activities
WAGES & BENEFITS
- $8.25-$8.50 an hour depending on experience
SCHEDULE of 20-26 hours per week will most likely include
- Alternate Saturdays 10am-4pm
- Weekday afternoons until 6pm
- One evening per week
- Occasional additional hours to cover staff time off or special events
TO APPLY Complete our application or your resume, cover letter, and contact information for three professional references. Applications also available at the library.
Mail or in person: Paris Public Library, 207 S. Main, Paris IL 61944
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
Paris Carnegie Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.