Kindle and Kindle Fire
These instructions are for the basic Kindle and Kindle Fire.
What do I need?
A valid library card from Paris Public Library or other participating Illinois Heartland Library System library and ...
- Your password/PIN (last 4 digits of the phone number in your library record unless you have changed it).
- Computer with Internet access, for a basic ereader.
- Device compatible with MyMediaMall.
Where do I start?
- Using a basic Kindle requires a computer.
- On a Kindle Fire, use your browser or the Overdrive app on the device.
Sign in at MyMediaMall
- Go to MyMediaMall on your computer (or Kindle Fire browser) from the Paris Public Library website or directly at www.mymediamall.net.
- Sign in first. Choose Illinois Heartland Library System as your library. Enter your library card barcode number (no spaces) and PIN.
You may get an error message ...
- If the barcode number and /or PIN is incorrect.
- If your library card is expired.
- If there's a balance of $5.00 or more on your library card account.
Try re-entering your barcode and PIN; if that doesn't work, contact the library.
You may select your desired loan period (7 or 14 days) in general by going to Account, then Settings. You may also choose the loan period on specific books when borrowing.
- You may browse by selecting a category list or by clicking on a book cover.
- An ebook shows a small open book icon in its upper right corner. An audiobook shows headphones and a video shows a strip of film. Audiobooks are not compatible with basic ereaders, but mp3 audios may be available through the Overdrive app on Kindle Fire.
- The icon is grayed out if the item is currently checked out. You may place a hold for the title.
- Use the Search bar to find a specific author or title. If looking for a book to read right now, use Advanced Search to display only items with available copies and in your format.
Formats compatible with Kindle
The only ebook format that works with a basic Kindle is the Kindle format. If using a Kindle Fire and the Overdrive app, you can read Adobe epub or Adobe PDF and listen to mp3 audiobooks.
- Search for a Kindle book.
- Click the title for more information.
- If the book is available, click Borrow and then Go to Bookshelf.
- The Get for Kindle button opens the Amazon.com website. You may have to sign in to your Amazon account.
- Select your Kindle device or Kindle app (preset if you only have one). Your Kindle should be turned on. Click Get library book button and sync your device or app to download the book or choose to send it to your device via USB.
- An active Wi-Fi connection is required for wireless delivery to a Kindle. If your Kindle is not Wi-Fi capable, you do not have wireless, or the book you want will not transfer wirelessly, read the instructions for transferring files via USB in Manage Your Kindle on Amazon.com. Some books require USB transfer.
Using the Overdrive app on Kindle Fire
- Go to your app store on your device and search for “Overdrive” and install the app.
- Open app. You will be prompted to sign in with an Adobe id. Most first time users will need to “Register at Adobe.com”. You will be redirected to the Adobe account page where you want to click on “Don’t have an Adobe ID”. Fill out the form and click on “Create”. After successfully creating an ID, press your home button and reopen Overdrive app.
- Tap “Get Books” and find “Settings”. Authorize using your Adobe id that you just created. Go back to “Get Books”.
- Add a library. Enter zip code of home library and search. Select home library. Tap star to remember your library. Tap MyMediaMall. (Use Illinois Heartland Library System as your library in Account settings to enter your card information and check out.)
- There are two main areas, Get Books and your Bookshelf. There should be a button that will toggle you back and forth. Bookshelf is where your books are located. Get Books is the website where you check out your items.
Returning books early
- You may return books early by going to Manage Your Kindle in your Amazon account.
- Audiobooks may not be returned early.
What if the book I want is checked out?
When a book is not available for immediate download, click Place a hold and enter your email address. You will receive an email when it’s your turn. Follow the instructions in the email to download.
Things to Remember
- You may have 5 items checked out at once. Items cannot be renewed. When the loan period ends, the title expires and is automatically returned. You may then delete the file.
- Kindle users may use the library’s public computers and wireless Internet to download to their wireless capable Kindles.
Where do I go for more help?
- My Media Mall’s Help
- Ask us.