Download Overdrive software or app
- Help offers instructions for specific devices..
- Follow the steps to download and install OverDrive Media Console software to your computer if you need to browse MyMediaMall on your computer and then sideload a book to your device.
- OR to download directly to device such as a smartphone or tablet, go to its app store to install the free Overdrive app.
After installing the Overdrive Media Console app on your device, the next step is to locate our library. Tap "Add a Library" and search by zip code. A list of nearby libraries appears. Choose Lincoln Trail Libraries System -- Paris Carnegie Public Library if you have a Paris library card. Then choose MyMediaMall and access it directly from the app.
Audiobooks are available in two formats, mp3 and wma. Check the Device Resource Center to see what format works on your device.
- Search or browse MyMediaMall until you find an audiobook to download.
- Click Borrow or Add to cart.
- Click Go to Bookshelf or Proceed to checkout.
- Choose format. A pop-up box asks you to confirm.
- Click the Download button.
- If prompted, choose Open with and choose OverDrive Media Console from the list.
- OverDrive will open and a Get Media box will pop up. Click OK.
- On the Download screen, click OK. Your download begins and may take several minutes to complete.
- Once your download is complete, listen to your audiobook on the computer or your device. If planning to use a media player, plug it into your computer, click Transfer in OverDrive Media Console, and follow the steps.
When using the app, you have 30 minutes to download the item to your computer once it is in your cart. If not downloaded after 30 minutes, the book is returned to MyMediaMall. You may have 5 items checked out at one time. At the end of an item's loan period, the title expires and is automatically returned. You may then delete the file from your computer and device. Audiobooks cannot be returned early.
- << Prev