- The library offers a weekly morning storyhour during the school year and another during the summer. Storyhour is an independent group experience for children ages 3 – 5. The focus is on sharing picture books based on a weekly theme. Each week includes simple crafts, songs, fingerplays, games, or other activities.
- We ask that children register for storyhours so we may plan for crafts and activities.
- Storyhour is cancelled if weather closes District 95 schools on that morning.
- Please check our calendar for Storyhour schedules.
Summer Reading Club
- Summer Reading Club is a five-week program in June and July that features crafts, games, special guests, and other activities to encourage children to continue reading during the summer.
- It meets on Tuesdays and is open to children who will enter first through sixth grades the following fall. Children are encouraged to check out books that reflect both their interests and reading level, and to read at their own pace.*
- Grade levels associated with the sessions are not intended to reflect reading ability; they are simply a method of scheduling age-appropriate activities. Registration begins in mid-May. Register in person, by phone, or online.
*Children will need a library card in order to check out books. If your child does not have a card, please stop by the library before the first day.