- Click My Record on the My Account menu. The login form is displayed.
- Log in with your barcode number and PIN (last 4 digits of your phone on record)
OPTIONAL: You may create a username & password to use in SHARE. If you forget your username, you must log in with barcode.
- Click Create Username. The Create Username form opens.
- Enter your account barcode number and your password (PIN), and click Next Step. The My Record page for your account opens. The Change Logon area, where you specify your new user name, is expanded.
- Select (check) Change Username.
- Enter your user name in the New Username box, and type it again in the Verify Username box. Minimum of 4 alpha-numeric characters and no spaces, beginning with a letter. These special characters are also allowed: - (dash), _ (underscore), . (period), and @ (at). Must not contain two adjacent special characters, and cannot match an existing account barcode.
- Click Save. A confirmation is displayed. If an email address is in your record, you will receive a confirmation email.
Do a Quick Search
- Type a word or words in the Quick Library Search box.
- If you want to limit the search to a specific format, select the material type in the Limit by box. For example, if you want to find only DVDs, select DVD in the Limit by box.
- Click Go.
Do a Keyword Search
Follow these steps to find titles containing specific words:
- Click Search on the menu bar, and click Keyword in the Search menu.
- Type the text to search for in the Keyword search for box.
- If you want to limit the search to a specific format, select that material type in the Limit by box. For example, if you want to find only DVDs, select DVD.
- If you want to search for your text in a specific field, select the field in the Search by box. For example, if you know the title contains the word Yankee, you enter Yankee in the Keyword Search for box, and select Title in the Search by box.
- Click Go.
Do a Browse Search
- Select Search on the menu bar, and select Browse in the Search menu.
- Select Title, Author, Subject, or Series from the Search for list.
- Type the first few letters of the title, the author’s name, the subject, or the series title in the box and click Go.
- The search results list displays the browse listings and the number of titles associated with each listing.
- Click <<Previous 10 Listings or Next 10 Listings >> to see previous or subsequent sections of the index.
- Click a listing for a list of related titles.
Work with Search Results
From the search results list you can click:
- Sort at the top or bottom of page to sort your results.
- Page number or the arrow at the top or bottom of page to move through list.
- Availability to see where item is.
- Full Display to see more information.
- Add to My List to add the title to a list that you can save, print, or send by email.
- Place Request to request the item.
Request a Title
- Search for the title you want to request.
- Select the title in the search results and click Place Request. The log-in form appears.
- Type your barcode number (library account number) or user name and password in the appropriate boxes, and click Log in. The request form appears.
- Select the name of the library where you want to pick up the item in the Pickup Library box.
- If you want to activate your request at a future time, type the date in the Activation Date box. The request will be activated immediately if you do not change the activation date.
- Click Submit Request.
- Click Return to search results.
Check and Update Your Account
Follow these steps to check your account and update your personal information:
- Click My Account on the menu bar, and click My Record on the My Account menu.
- Log in if necessary. The My Record page appears, and the side of the page displays a summary of your account information.
- Click Contact Information to display your personal information.
- Type or select the new information in the appropriate boxes. You may choose to keep a list of items (up to 2000) checked out by clicking Maintain Reading List.
- Click Submit Change Request to submit the new information to the library.
View and Manage Your Requests
To view, suspend, or reactivate your requests:
- Click My Account on the menu bar, and then Requests.
- Log in if necessary. The list of your current requests is displayed.
- Select the check box by the title for each request that you want to suspend or reactivate.
- Click Suspend/Reactivate Selected Requests, or click Suspend/Reactivate All Requests.
- The Suspend/Reactivate Hold Requests dialog box appears. Enter the date when suspended requests should be reactivated or today’s date to reactivate an inactive request.
- Click Submit.
To cancel one or more requests:
- Select the check box by the title for each request that you want to cancel, and click Cancel Selected. Click Cancel All to cancel all requests.
- Click My Account on the menu bar, and then Items Out.
- Log in if necessary. Items Out list displays the items you have currently checked out.
To renew one or more items select the check box by each item to renew, and click Renew selected items. If item can’t be renewed, there is no check box for item.
Click renew all items to see a message about which items are renewed and if any renewals have been blocked.
- Click Log Out at the side of the page or on the My Account menu.
- Last Updated: 14 November 2013