Most books, magazines, audio books ......... 3 weeks
Videos .......................................... 1 week
Reference and genealogy books, current issues of magazines are in-library use only.
Magazines .......... 5 per person
Audio books ........ 5 per person
Videos ............. 5 per household
Most books, audio books, and videos may be renewed once if there are no holds on the item. New fiction may not be renewed.
Late fees are charged beginning the first business day after the due date, excluding Sundays and closed days. Maximum late fee is 5.00 per item (as of 8/1/2013).
Books, audio books, magazines, videos ..... $0.10 (ten cents) per day
Anyone who owes $5.00 or more may not check out items until fees have been paid.
Borrowers will be charged replacement or repair cost for damage (beyond normal wear) to items.
A $10.00 deposit is required to check out a GED or ASVAB study guide. The deposit is refunded when the book is returned; if late or damaged, accrued late fees or damage fees may be subtracted.
- Borrowers who have signed up for email notices will receive a reminder notice 1 or 2 days before items are due in addition to notices by email when items are to be picked up or are late.
- Borrowers are responsible for everything checked out on their card, knowing when items are due, and returning them on time. Due dates are placed on items when checked out and are available online in SHARE or by contacting the library.
- Notices for late items are printed 7 days after the item is due. Followup notices are printed at regular intervals until the borrower has been contacted (by phone, email, or mail) 4 times.
- It is the borrower's responsibility to keep his or her contact information up to date.
- Borrowers are charged for lost (unreturned) items. Donations of materials will not be accepted in lieu of fees.
- Borrowers with items still overdue more than 7 days after the billing date are also responsible for any and all collection and/or court costs that the library may incur in its efforts to secure the return of the material. Accounts with balances of $25.00 or more may be referred to a collection agency. A non-refundable $10 fee is added to all accounts referred.
Revision and Approved: Sept. 9, 2013