Held at library, enter through north door off parking lot.
Remote option: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87974689095?pwd=SlhDQWg0eEY3Nk9FdDBZVHIrdncyQT09
Call 217-463-3950 or email firstname.lastname@example.org before 4pm on Sept. 14 for the password.
Call to order
Correspondence, communications, and public comments
Committee Reports –
• Finance – Finance Report, Checks Report
• Book – no report
1. Elevator passed inspection on July 24. Aug. 6 power outage caused loss of programming; reinstalled and relearned
2. Back stacks A.C. leak and boiler improvement originally planned for April, not rescheduled.
3. Wall lights behind main desk fixed.
4. Dropbox locks replaced.
5. Leaks between old and new sections fixed, was under warranty.
6. Minor plumbing issue in one of restrooms needs repair.
7. Damage to building/Gibson Room when truck crashed into west wall Aug 14. Estimate submitted to insurance adjuster. Our deductible is $5000.
• Statistics report
• Month’s review / status report
• Friends – Annual book sale canceled, plans for smaller sales halted by Gibson Room damage
• LED message sign. Total raised as of 9/10/20: $15,002.30
• Front light fixture progress?
• Per capita grant application due in January requires that the board review all 13 chapters of the Illinois Standards for Public Libraries. Covering chapters 1-3 this month.
• Elevator is 28 years old, will require major upgrade.
Next Meeting: October 19 (Library closed on the 2nd Monday)