Library moved from curbside service only to limited in-library services and continued curbside services on August 5, 2020
• Hours – Monday 10-2, Tuesday 10-6, Wednesday-Saturday 10-2. We hope to extend hours as staff capacity and safety measures permit.
o Furniture has been rearranged or removed to accommodate social distancing.
o Limited seating.
o No meeting rooms or programs at this time.
• Services – In-person services:
o Only 2 public computers are available. Appointments are encouraged. Limit one session (45 min. or less) per day, per person. No headphones will be provided. Social distancing means that one-on-one staff computer assistance will be minimal.
o Printing, copies, laminating, and faxing – normal fees apply.
o Newspapers are not available during this phase. Magazines may be checked out.
• Check-Out – These options will be available for patrons including:
o Curbside Pickup – Call upon arrival to have materials delivered to your vehicle.
o In-Person Pickup – You may browse for and select books, audiobooks, DVDs, and magazines for check-out.
o Requests for items may be placed in-person or by SHARE online catalog, phone, email, or Facebook Messenger. Delivery is slower than normal, due to system-wide quarantining of materials.
• Returns – Please drop off the items you are returning when you arrive, before you start looking for new ones.
o Bookdrop is open 24/7.
o A temporary inside book return is located by the main desk during library hours.
o All returned items will be quarantined for seven days before being checked-in. Late fees will not be charged.
• Safety – The safety of visitors and staff is the highest priority. Reopening plans were developed with guidance/approval from the library board and Edgar County Health Department.
o Masks are required while in the library building.
o Do not visit the library if you have any symptoms of illness – use curbside or online resources instead.
o High-touch surfaces will be disinfected on a regular basis. Computer keyboards and mice will be cleaned between each use.
o Should public health conditions deteriorate, public health agencies advise, or safety measures in the library warrant, the library will return to curbside service only.